Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Bridge in the Title

For the longest time I thought Monet's Water-lilies was my favorite painting of all time. It sits in Japan's Museum of Western Art, and I don't plan on visiting Japan anytime soon.

But later I saw his Japanese bridge series and my eyes were lost in the green shades in it, and I changed my mind about my favorite of all time. You guys remember Robin Williams' movie "What Dreams May Come"? Heaven was presented as if it were a Monet impressionist canvas.

I know that any stretch of the imagination of what Heaven would be like is going to do it great injustice. But we can't help trying to imagine it, because we hope for it so much. Hope for the final lasting joy we'll meet there.

Here's a collection of the paintings which Monet painted in Giverny with the bridge at it's center. Thank God for Monet's failing vision by the end of his years.

note: if you find the paintings a bit fuzzy, try clicking on them to get clearer resolution.

2 comments:

sadia said...

omg! the water lillies and the japanese bridge paintings are my fave painitings....ever!! i can't begin to describe how much i like them.

kingrani said...


I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

ebay Cashback offers
ebay Cashback Coupons 2018